MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

3 posters

Those little Dickenses!

Chris
    Chris

Those little Dickenses! Empty Those little Dickenses!

Post by Chris Fri May 09, 2014 4:20 pm

Today was cage-cleaning day. Since I'm the only one that can handle the birds without being taken advantage of, I sit with the cage-less bird and Mom does the scrubbing and hosing. Cricket's came first because it's the easiest. I put a towel on my recliner because he's not potty-trained nor does he want to be! So, I'm doing a word puzzle while he's scuffling around in my hair. Then I hear all these chirrs and squeaks. So, I turn around to look at the top of the chair -- he's nowhere to be seen. The sound comes from another direction. I turn the other way, and I see a little Cricket head peering out at me from under the towel!

Callie's cage is a real production, since it's so big and heavy. We took her out so that we could remove all the toys that don't need to be "car washed" and she sat on my recliner. Then I helped Mom get the main part of the cage onto a trolley so she could wheel it outside. I crossed the room to go open the garage door, Mom tilted the trolley to roll, and Callie took off. I held the door so Mom could get outside, then went to look for my wayward 'too. Callie? Cal-lie! She's not in the living room. Maybe she wandered into the foyer? No, she found the highest (read "safest") spot. There she was at the top of the stairs!! All the way up to the second floor!!

So, I had my two good laughs for the day, thanks to my little feathered clowns.  Giggle 
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Those little Dickenses! Empty Re: Those little Dickenses!

Post by Carol Fri May 09, 2014 10:50 pm

Sounds alot like my house. Craziness with birds Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sat May 10, 2014 12:31 am

Yep, they are nutters. Ducki was doing laps around the house (we have a circuar floor plan). Guess who's getting clipped next week?

Chris - have you had the honor of a Cricket-in-shirt yet? Tell him it's like playing under a towel, but with more Mom and a built in heater Smile
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Sat May 10, 2014 3:05 pm

I have tried, Andrea. But he's such an excitable little thing that he doesn't sit still for long and tends to crawl right back out. I'm trying to just enjoy him for the hyperactive creature that he is.  Giggle 
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sat May 10, 2014 8:58 pm

maybe you should try in the evenings when he's (maybe) calmer and sleepy. That's how I got my first Duck-in-shirt - he decided that my shirt made a better tent, crawled in, and went promptly to sleep. Took forever to coax him out - first because he was so darn cute and I didn't want to disturb him and then because he just like it in there Giggle . Tickly
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Sat May 10, 2014 9:43 pm

That's a good idea. He's starting to complain about his nightly cage cover, so maybe I can do some soothing in-shirt time and then put him back to bed.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:41 am