MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

5 posters

HELLOOOOOOO EVERYONE !!!!!!

kimmie
    kimmie

HELLOOOOOOO EVERYONE !!!!!! Empty HELLOOOOOOO EVERYONE !!!!!!

Post by kimmie Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:23 am

Helloooooooo everyone: Geez, i almost feel cause it's been soooo long i should re-introduce myself Smile How is everyone doing, awesome i hope. Well, last year was the year from HELL for me, i will NEVER say, "it can't get any worse" again because ohhhhh it can and it did!!! My poor Abbie (one of my golden's) had to go in for bladder stone surgery and they actually found 3 of them, the x-ray only showed one the size of a plum....2 1/2 weeks later i loaded the girls in my truck figuring they had been cooped up long enough and Abbie was recovering really good, so i thought some fresh air and let them jot around the park would do them some good. When Abbie went to get out of the truck i went to help her out and i turned around and she was holding up her left hind leg Shocked I didn't have a clue of what was wrong, maybe she twisted it a bit or landed the wrong way and i started massaging it a bit and that wasn't helping so back in the truck we went and home. I kept a close eye on her, even got my fingers between the pad of her foot looking for glass or something. I decided 2 days later it really wasn't improving, back to the vets.....OMG!!! Now she has Cruciate Knee Rupture, i've never even heard of this before. The surgery for that is $3500.00 as they have to call in a surgeon and there are many pro's and con's to having this procedure done, believe me i have done my homework on this! So, for 3 months i try to keep her quiet, block my stairs so she can't go down them and she is still on extra Glycosamine. She is doing awesome and to see her walk you wouldn't know there was an injury there, she can walk on her foot again but it was really rough going for quite a while.

My best friend of 21 yrs (Donna) was hospitalized for severe back and stomach pain, they couldn't find anything and she was sent home only to return 2 more times! They finally decided to do more tests and found a lump (mass) on her pancreas and spots on her liver. March 16th/12 she turned 51 yrs young, April 16 she was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and May 16 my beloved best friend passed away Sad . The company i have been driving for 16 yrs closed the doors but most of us were lucky and transferred to another bus company here. My year finally started to settle down near the end of summer...it was ROUGH Sad

All the birdies are doing great..."Quinn" my African Grey i purchased off Mark and Lisa is a nutty bird Very Happy He will be 2 yrs old in July, time sure flies! He talks up a storm and can even mimick my voice to a "T". I also rescued a Quaker back in Oct who is plucked, on an all seed diet and would bite everyone. He is eating pellets, cheese, yogourt, noodles, eggs and the list goes on lol. He is my shoulder magnet and has completely changed into a new birdie!!! He dive bombed me once and nailed me 3 times Evil or Very Mad Wow...i've never experienced that before and don't want to again lol. My grandson is now 5 yrs old and doing great, in school every other day and the love of my life!!!

Well, time for bed here and it looks like i have a LOT of reading and catching up to do!!!

Talk to you's soon...Kim
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

HELLOOOOOOO EVERYONE !!!!!! Empty Re: HELLOOOOOOO EVERYONE !!!!!!

Post by andrea Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:08 pm

Welcome back! I'm glad your 'hell year' is done. I think you should post pictures of your fids yes
    What's the quaker's name?
    kimmie
    kimmie

Post by kimmie Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi Andrea...... I will post pic's asap, if i remember how lol. My Quaker's name is Joey Smile. Who ever thought i would own a Quaker, sure as heck not me....i've just never had a real interest in them but this little guy has sure changed my way of thinking about them! I forgot to mention a very important thing about him, he would not allow me to even remotely bring my fingers anywhere near him without chomping on them, that was difficult getting him in and out of his cage and i always had to be on the "alert" as to which bird was on my shoulder when your"re used to being able to touch the rest of my fids. Just last week he has allowed me to touch his foot and chest, it was AWESOME!!! I found he has a "thing" for my tea towel and that's how i've been sneaky my fingers on him Very Happy . He is letting his beautiful feathers grow back in too!!! When she brought him here, he only had 2 toys in his cage and she said if she put anymore in there he would freak out....well, you should see the toys he has in his cage now and he does play with them Wink .
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun Apr 21, 2013 10:39 pm

Sounds like you had a bad year in 2012 Kimmie sure hope 2013 is better for you.

Glad you're back, we missed you here. So good to hear Quinn is doing well I was actually thinking about you just last week wondering how you were making out with him. Sounds like Joey is quite a handful. Those Quakers sure do lure you in don't they Wink
    kimmie
    kimmie

Post by kimmie Sun Apr 21, 2013 11:16 pm

Thank-you Carol....yes, 2012 was a very BAD year there was more that happened than what i wrote lol....yes, New year's Eve night i couldn't wait to kiss 2012 GOOD BYE Mad Quinn is doing GREAT, what a ham he is!!! OMG....does he talk up a storm, he makes me smile lots. He says..."Quinn"..."Quinn step-up"..."Abbie girl (his version of Abigail lol)"..."Bella"..."Joey"..."No bite"..."Quinn's a good boy"..."Give me kiss"...and he FINALLY just recently said the other day..."I LOVE YOU QUINN" Very Happy Now he's just got to put the "Mama" in that phrase....and the list goes on!!! He also imitates a FART real good, must have learned that from someone else hehehe. For the longest time he wouldn't allow me to put him on his back or hang onto his feet when he's upside down and let me swing him, he's just started that a few months ago! I caught him hanging upside down one day on his cage door swinging like crazy and i made a BIG deal about it and told him "swing Quinn, swing" so now when he's on my hand i just put my thumb on his feet and say "swing"??? and he falls to the side and goes to it, it's hilarious Laughing . Yes, i totally understand what your"re saying about Quakers, when the girl brought him to me my heart went out to him and i just instantly knew he needed to be here. All my birds i got as babies, never thought i would rescue/adopt one...i forgot to mention in my post that Joey is 3 1/2 yrs old and i'm his 3rd home and his last! He is my velcro bird and has come such a long way since i got him Smile . I just never really had a "thing" for quakers until i met this guy I love you . I was going to adopt one a couple years ago and that one literally came from the back of his cage sooooo fast to chomp my finger off, it wasn't funny....kind of made me think Quakers weren't for me, although i know they all differ.

How are you doing??? Still working at the store with Mark and Lisa???? All your flock are doing good too??? I see "Frankie" still is letting her feathers come in, yeah!!! How is everyone else here on the forum doing??? Good, i sure hope!!!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:24 am

I had a very bad year in 2012 too. Still some issues that need to be taken care of but health wise doing okay so far. So can't complain there.
    I lost Rosy last year, her liver got too bad. But she did 3 years longer than the vet expected.
    We also lost one of shepherds Cooper, his stomach twisted. Was doing great after the operation but his kidneys were not 100% so when he got infection in the stitches they failed on him. Was so sad.

Still working at Exotic Wings and just adopted a baby lovebird that hasn't come home yet but soon. He has had some head trauma so is a special needs baby. I can't wait to get him home. I actually spoke to Mark tonight making sure he was still doing ok. Still being hand fed but he is eating a bit on his own.
    kimmie
    kimmie

Post by kimmie Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:11 pm

Carol wrote:I had a very bad year in 2012 too. Still some issues that need to be taken care of but health wise doing okay so far. So can't complain there.
    I lost Rosy last year, her liver got too bad. But she did 3 years longer than the vet expected.
    We also lost one of shepherds Cooper, his stomach twisted. Was doing great after the operation but his kidneys were not 100% so when he got infection in the stitches they failed on him. Was so sad.

Still working at Exotic Wings and just adopted a baby lovebird that hasn't come home yet but soon. He has had some head trauma so is a special needs baby. I can't wait to get him home. I actually spoke to Mark tonight making sure he was still doing ok. Still being hand fed but he is eating a bit on his own.

I'm sorry to hear that Carol....I guess the important thing for us to remember is...."We made it through it all"!!! I know of a few ppl that went through a BAD year in 2012 :-( ....Awwww a new LOVIE I love you
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:47 pm

Yes Kimmie we did survive, I guess that's something to be thankful for.
    Catherine
    Catherine

Post by Catherine Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:12 pm

Glad to hear from you again Kimmie and so sorry you year was filled with such hardship and sorrow.
    Here is to an awsome 2013 for all of us.
    Sounds like your grandson is thriving under the special care of grandma. I have a new 6week old grandson
    as well. He is quite something. It has been a while since a new baby entered my life and a while since
    a new life entered his Mom's life as well. She has two older boys who are 16 and 17 so the learning curve
    begins for all of us.
    Quinn sounds quite entertaining and you must be having big birdie fun with you quaker.
    kimmie
    kimmie

Post by kimmie Sat May 04, 2013 12:51 am

Catherine wrote:Glad to hear from you again Kimmie and so sorry you year was filled with such hardship and sorrow.
    Here is to an awsome 2013 for all of us.
    Sounds like your grandson is thriving under the special care of grandma. I have a new 6week old grandson
    as well. He is quite something. It has been a while since a new baby entered my life and a while since
    a new life entered his Mom's life as well. She has two older boys who are 16 and 17 so the learning curve
    begins for all of us.
    Quinn sounds quite entertaining and you must be having big birdie fun with you quaker.

Hi Catherine..... Yes, i think we all need a good year! Thank-you Catherine...May 16 is the 1 yr anniversary of my best friends passing, so she is on my mind a LOT Sad . Congrats on your new little grandson Smile Yes, it must be a "new" thing for Mom having 2 teens and now a baby!

Ohhhhhh, Quinn is quite commical....his new phrase in the last 2 weeks is... "Come on girl's, let's go pee" Laughing He likes to talk to the dogs, i love love love him I love you
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Mon May 13, 2013 4:06 am

Welcome back! I'm sorry for how much has happened over the last year for you. <3 I look forward to seeing your flock Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:16 am