MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

+5
Catherine
Chris
andrea
Carol
Gail
9 posters

Hello Everyone!

Gail

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello Everyone!

Post by Gail Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:11 pm

Hi my name is Gail.

I found your forum by accident a few weeks ago, and I have been lurking around, reading posts and just checking things out.

You seem to have a nice group of people participating in your forum and I thought that I might like to join you. I hope that is okay?

I am the proud mom of two busy birds... an 11 year old African Grey named Friday and a 4 year old Sun Conure named Tigger.

Looking forward to getting to know you all better. Smile
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Hello Everyone! Empty Re: Hello Everyone!

Post by Carol Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:43 pm

flower Welcome to our happy little forum Gail. Of course you are more than welcome to join us. We do have a great bunch of people here and I'm sure you are going to love it. Can't wait to see pics of your 2 busy birds Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm

Hi Gail! Welcome! I am the proud mom of a 4.5 year old green cheek conure called Ducki (see my signature). Can't wait to see pics of your fids yes
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi Gail, and welcome to the boards! I'm the proud Mom of a 6 year-old umbrella cockatoo and a 20 year-old cockatiel. Can't wait to see pictures!!! I recently lost my little sun conure, so I have to live vicariously through the photos of others, lol. Sad
    Gail

Post by Gail Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:17 pm

I will post some pics shortly... I have new computer and haven't moved any of my pictures over... perhaps I should take new ones! Very Happy

Your cockatiel is a good age too!
    My mum has a cockatiel, Peso is coming up on 29 years of age. He has been blind for the past few years and is starting to forget some of his words and whistles now. But he is happy and healthy and the apple of my mum's eye.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:29 pm

29! Your tiel is older than me Surprised

Two years ago my mom adopted a sad tiel whose previous owner kept him confined to his small round cage (one toy) and stuck him in a dark storage room when he was noisy. He turned 16 this year and is flourishing with my mom's flock! He learned how to walk again (he spent years clinging to the side of his cage) and is happily exploring now. He's discovered that human food is good, especially if stolen off a fork. He is not too keen on being handled...but loves to scratch his own head on my dad's and brother's stubble Giggle

How long has your mom had Peso for?

Squeaky giving himself a head scratch
    Hello Everyone! IMG00100-1
    Gail

Post by Gail Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:41 pm

She brought him home from the pet store when I was about 16 (I'm a tad older than that now!) He is a momma's boy, she could rub his neck all day long. He still comes out for breakfast every morning to have his toast with peanut butter. Then he comes out again after the Young and the Restless at dinner time, to have his dinner and a good scratch. When he is ready to go home, he grabs her finger and starts flapping his wings... that her cue that he is ready to go.

andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:51 pm

Giggle those little tiels are certainly good at letting you know what they want!
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:54 pm

That is so cute, Gail! It's amazing how they manage to communicate with us dull humans, isn't it? It must be so frustrating for them to understand our language and not have us understand theirs!
    Catherine
    Catherine

Post by Catherine Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:12 pm

Hi and welcome Gail. Looking forward to pictures of Friday and Tigger. This is a great place to visit and share
    about our feathered addictions. I am owned by 7 Lovebirds,1 Nanday Conure,1 Crimson Bellied Conure,3 Pionus Parrots,
    1 White Fronted Amazon and 1 European Starling.
    Hope you enjoy the board.
    kimmie
    kimmie

Post by kimmie Fri Jul 08, 2011 1:53 am

Hi Gail... Welcome to the forum!!! I have 4 birds>>>> 2 tiels (Mia and Peewee), a Senegal (Emma) and a Blue headed pionus (Bella). I also have 2 Golden retievers,(Abbie and Chloe) and an OLD cat named Tigger lol Smile All my birds are young like a year or two. I hope you enjoy the forum as much as we do!
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:39 pm

Hi Gail, and welcome! I have a 14 (will be 15 next month) year old Senegal (Sylvia) and a 3-legged dog (Tripod). I can't wait to see pics of Tigger and Friday Wink
    Sandra A
    Sandra A

Hello Everyone! Empty Hello bird lovers...

Post by Sandra A Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:39 pm

Hello... I'm new here too...haven't posted in a forum anywhere for years. I'm the mother of an alexandrine (named Alex... 18 mos old when I got him... 3 years old now), a jardine's named Mortimer(got him as a baby... one year old now) and our newest addition, a sulpher crested cockatoo (appx 12 years old) named Gracie-Jewel. It amazes me constantly how different each type of bird is, with different tastes/wants/needs. (Oh... we also have two large cages with singing finches in one and budgies in the other). Darling Husband and I researched parrots (especially the cockatoo) for a long time before taking the plunge and getting them, so THEIR arrivals wouldn't become OUR mistakes. They're all amazing little people. The cockatoo is such a little girl - absolutely delightful. Will we get more of them? NO! Not because we don't want more, we simply haven't got the space for them. I wonder if that's the limiting factor for other people?
    Catherine
    Catherine

Post by Catherine Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:10 pm

Hi Sandra and welcome to the forum. As for space being a limiting factor I am afraid in my case....no
    Apparrently,neither fear, finances, common sense or space has ever stood in my way the results of which are:
    two white fronted amazons,three blue head pionus,one nanday, one crimson belly conure, one mountain
    parakeet, nine lovebirds, one Starling all of which are mine and two Lutino Ringneck babies and one
    Princess of Whales Parakeet which are being hand raised at the moment.
    Conclusion....you have great resolve or will soon be buying a bigger place Giggle Giggle Giggle Giggle
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Hi and welcome Smile I can't wait to see pics of your fids!
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:10 pm

Welcome Sandra! I'm limited by time, space, and my significant other, Mr. Phil - who says one bird is plenty Wink

But that's okay, because that means I have more time and attention to lavish on Ducki Smile
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Hi Sandra so glad you joined us here. I think you'll like it this is where the majority of my pictures and videos are posted. I do post some to facebook but this is where I'm most comfortable. Thumbs up
    Let me know if you need any help. We all find photobucket the easiest way to share our pictures. It's free and easy to use.

Pat aka Andrea's Mom
    Pat aka Andrea's Mom

Hello Everyone! Empty Hi Gail

Post by Pat aka Andrea's Mom Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:22 am

Welcome, I have small birds, as Andrea has mentioned. Squeekie, my rescue cockatiel is 17 this year (one year older than Andrea mentioned), Zulu a 16 y.o.grey cockatiel, Pinkie a 15 y.o. love bird, and Freddy and Fluffy Zebra Finches around 15 yrs.old also. They make quite an interesting family.Looking foreward to seeing your family.
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:57 pm

Welcome, Sandra!! So glad you decided to post here on our website!! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 10:40 pm