MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

3 posters

Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil

andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil Empty Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil

Post by andrea Sat May 07, 2011 6:29 pm

Mr Phil is so sweet! He loves me so much it overflows and Ducki gets some Wink

For those who are unaware, we decided to move the Duck Mansion (aka, his cage) out of the TV room and into the library in the hopes of reducing cage aggression and allowing him to get more restful sleep. To compensate for him not having his cage centrally located, Phil promised to make a playgym. With just a few rules and some supplies, he did an excellent job.

Rules:
    -food and water dishes must be on top to avoid poo (and must be removable because they are also the dishes for his travel cage)
    -best efforts should be made not to put perches under other perches (again with the poo)
    -it should be stable enough to sit on the tray (not screwed to the tray) so I can clean it easily
    -must incorporate a 'comfy perch' (those rope ones), because Ducki loves them.
    -must incorporate perches with different diameters (better for Duck foot health Wink )

Supplies:
    -eye hooks
    -different sized dowels
    -4 plastic ladders
    -1 comfy perch
    -2 dishes
    -stainless steel screws

The result! (action shots in another post)
    Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil P1010248

Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil P1010249

Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil P1010250
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil Empty Re: Super Spectacular Playgym by Phil

Post by Carol Sat May 07, 2011 9:33 pm

He did a wonderful job on that. I just love it yes
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sat May 07, 2011 10:19 pm

Didn't he! And he's so proud of himself. He's been asking everyday if I posted the pictures yet Giggle The pictures were taken a few days ago, but my camera was being mean and refused to interface with my computer. Today it finally decided to communicate with the computer, and VOILA Wink
    kimmie
    kimmie

Post by kimmie Sat May 07, 2011 11:27 pm

Very nice job Mr. Phil Cool
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun May 08, 2011 1:11 am

I love new ideas.
    Thank you Mr. Camera for communicating Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sun May 08, 2011 12:39 pm

Giggle I love new photos! It might be time to start saving for a new camera Thumbs up
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun May 08, 2011 9:21 pm

yes

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:33 am