MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

2 posters

A day with Ducki

Carol
    Carol
    Admin

A day with Ducki Empty A day with Ducki

Post by Carol Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:25 pm

He's finally settling in. He has decided that being the food tester is his main job while he is here. All food MUST be sampled by the DUCK MAN before being served to any other bird in the house. Giggle

So he LOVES nutriberries and you can see.
    A day with Ducki IMG_2417640x480
    A day with Ducki IMG_2416640x480

I thought this would keep him busy while I made a few toys. But seems the nutriberry will wait while Ducki jumps over to throw a few beads around the kitchen Very Happy
    A day with Ducki IMG_2418640x480
    A day with Ducki IMG_2419640x480

The best time of day of course is when the kitchen sink is being rinsed. That I found out is Ducki bath time. Laughing
    Sorry some of these are a bit blurry, Ducki doesn't stay still too long while bathing.

A day with Ducki IMG_2421640x480
    A day with Ducki IMG_2422640x480
    A day with Ducki IMG_2425640x480
    A day with Ducki IMG_2429640x480

A very wet Ducki
    A day with Ducki IMG_2432640x480

He is now happily grinding his beak in his nice warm happy hut.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

A day with Ducki Empty Re: A day with Ducki

Post by andrea Sun Jan 29, 2012 2:29 am

Smile
    What an awesome Ducki day! Sounds like he is being his usual self. And I know he knows that the nutriberry will wait. He does the same thing when we eat supper. He'll wave for a sample of food in his dish, then when we put it there he'll run down and steal directly off my plate. When my food is gone he'll go right back to his dish and his waiting sample.

I actually packed a bag of his favorite nutriberries to leave with you. Oops. I had to throw them in Biohazard upon arrival in NZ - they contained nuts, seeds, and fruit, all of which are on the 'not allowed' list.

As for baths - any running water is considered bath time (though he's not allowed to bathe if he won't have time to dry out before bed). He gets so excited sometimes that he trips Giggle If you leave a casserole dish with water in it he'll splash around in that, too. You've totally mastered the technique though.

If there are any dishes he samples that he particularly likes could you send me the recipes?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:18 pm

So far it's just been the normal stuff. Veggies, pasta and he LOVES rice. Apples and grapes for lunch time and whatever he can steal for dinner Very Happy
    I'm going to be having a skype meeting soon so he's in playing on top of Digit's cage and I can hear him chatting away in there. Such a sweet little voice.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:45 am

Is he quacking away? He has a few 'phrases' that he repeats but if they are supposed to be English I haven't figured them out yet. It might just be 'general conversational noise'.

And he's totally a thief, eh? Is he stealing your supper or the other birds'?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:34 pm

He steals whatever he can get a hold of Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:15 am

That's my baby birdie! Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:15 am

Has he met any of your fids? How'd he react?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:26 pm

I'm still giggling from last nights cuddle time with Ducki and Jassy. Jassy was in her normal cuddle place on my knee, Ducki was on my shoulder and Jassy looked up and saw a pretty tail. Ran up touched the tail with great caution, the duck man turned around real quick yelled at her. Then Jassy quickly went back to my knee and Ducki jumped down my shirt Giggle
    Other than that he seems to love Rosy and they contact call to each other all day and he has NO fear of Frankie when Frankie is on the table and wants to steal his seed treats I'm being very cautious not to let them get to close. I don't trust the other 4 so I'm keeping them apart. We'll see how he likes Kiwi on the weekend. She's a bcc too.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:26 am

Ohhh...a gcc buddy! The last gcc's he saw were his clutch mates years ago. Should be interesting Giggle

Doesn't he tickle when he's in your shirt? And his tail is nice and safe A day with Ducki 92645

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 10:43 pm