MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

3 posters

Anyone painted recently?

andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Anyone painted recently? Empty Anyone painted recently?

Post by andrea Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:23 pm

We want to paint the family room and bedroom. We have samples of Rona Collection no-VOC paint...which are supposed to have very little odor and out-gassing. My current plan is to have a painting blitz. Ducki will be sealed into the Duck room (which is NOT being painted) with a towel under the door, and we'll do the two rooms in one day. The paint is supposed to be completely dry after 4 hours, but I was thinking that Ducki will spend at least 24 hours in his sealed room before being allowed into the rest of the house.

What do you guys think? Has anyone used the no-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) paint before? What did you do with your fids?
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Anyone painted recently? Empty Re: Anyone painted recently?

Post by Carol Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:29 pm

I did exactly what you will be doing. The only thing extra was I put a fan on the floor outside the bird room to keep the fumes if away. Even though it says its odorless there it still toxic fumes in all paint. We have many border birds at work during spring and fall when people are doing painting just to be on the safe side.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:09 pm

I might pick up a VOC filter to put in the Duck room because I am a tad overprotective Embarassed
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:41 am

I also had an air cleaner running in their room with a hepa filter. And I didn't sleep very good for a week with worry. But they were all fine.
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:59 pm

Tough time of year to be painting. Any chance you can wait til Spring when you can open the windows? I usually use the non-smelly paint, move the fids to the far end of the house (and a different level of the house), and open all the windows. But, it helps to have a good-sized house, too. Idk. I'd wait til Spring, but that's just me. Shocked

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:27 am