MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

3 posters

Well crud.

FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Well crud. Empty Well crud.

Post by FaytheReyn Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:31 pm

My dad had a pair of doves for 20 years, Bill and Coo. He never knew how old they were when he first got them. A few years later, my parents got Sunshine for my mom (a sun conure) (he ended up becoming my sister's bird, but then went back to loving my mom. Like he'll only go to my mom, but if she's not around he'll go to my sis though she'll get bitten if he even smells my mom). While they clean Sunshine's cage, they let him out, and he "sneaks" into Bill and Coo's cage to eat their food, something like a treat for him. Well, according to my folks, Sunshine attacked Bill. He had no use of one of his legs and there were feathers missing (he held the leg close to his body and no one could get him to bring it down). The night before last Bill died.
    My mom has now given an ultimatum to my sister-if she wants to keep Sunshine, she can, but if not, my mom wants him re-homed. My mom works so much she knows she can't give him the attention he needs. And he keeps biting my sis so that's not helping. They're at an impasse. Steph wants him but he doesn't want her. My mom doesn't want him anymore because she knows work gets in the way. *sigh* For his sake, I wish he would get re-homed, but my sister would never let my mom live that down (my mom's already "taken" her dog from her. But to be fair, Steph left her behind for her now ex-fiancee, so my mom won't give Cricket back).
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Well crud. Empty Re: Well crud.

Post by Carol Sat Dec 22, 2012 12:19 am

WOW what a mess.
    I'm so sorry
    I hate seeing birds rehomed but sometimes it is for the bird's best interest. Conures will adapt to another person but that particular species usually can only love just ONE person at a time. When he was living with your sister was the relationship ok? Or does your sis live with your mom?
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:00 am

It was okay, but she ruined it. She and her friends smoked pot around him a few years ago, and he now doesn't trust her. She's since moved back in with my mom (yay! b/c that means she left her deadbeat abusive now-ex-fiance). It's a mess. I hate seeing him re-homed, as they've had him for 16-ish years, but I know it'll be hard. He's always loved my mom.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:48 am

It's so sad. We have had more than our share this month with re-homes. But I am pleased to say we found all 9 of them homes. And good ones thank heavens.
    There is one little gold cap conure in the store now that was dropped off almost 3 weeks ago for boarding and the owner hasn't come back. So I'm a little worried about him. He's a doll and of course he spends most of the time on me while I work. He was only supposed to be there 4 days. No idea what his name is either. Mark told the man to put his name on the cage and the man put his last name on it. We have tried every Kramp in the phone book but no luck finding the owner. He never left his info
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:23 pm

Sad Poor little guy. Is there a time limit before you can legally say he's been abandoned and re-home him? It's so sad that someone would do that...
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:52 pm

Yeah a year Sad

And it gets worse. A family dropped off a beautiful Senegal yesterday. They say he screams too much. Good news is he went to a new home before we could get him in a cage.
    But its just wrong this close to Christmas
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:56 pm

Okay I actually went in to pick up the little conure today and bring her home for christmas. While I was there her owner actually called to say her name is Zoey and they are trying to decide if they want her or not. If they do decide they are keeping her or a family member wants her they will pick her up tomorrow morning. At least now we know her name.
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:02 am

How sad! I hate when people dump their pets. We donate old towels and blankets to the shelter and they always have stacks of cat cages in the lobby. Makes me so mad to see "Left at Door" written on the line for "reason given to shelter." At least have the nerve to show your face when you leave your animal!! Mad Sorry. Got me off on a tangent again.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:41 am