MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

+5
andie/Baby
Catherine
andrea
Carol
Karen
9 posters

Hello peeps!

Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Hello peeps! - Page 2 Empty Re: Hello peeps!

Post by Carol Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:17 am

I bet that's going to be a happy reunion.
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:29 am

yes It will be. Peter misses her an awful lot. My parents were supposed to bring her back up here 2 weeks ago, but my dad ended up getting shingles. Sad So we delayed the reunion.
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:05 am

Shingles are horrible.
    Is he okay now?
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:57 pm

yes He's getting better; I haven't heard him complain about it in the last week or so Smile
    kimmie
    kimmie

Hello peeps! - Page 2 Empty Hello....Hello...Hello lol

Post by kimmie Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:20 am

Hey Everyone: What the heck happened??? I have been trying to get into the website for a while now and thought i'd try one more time tonight and got re-directed here. Nice to see everybody Cool
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:16 am

YAY you made it! banana1
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Kimmie so glad you found us. Make sure you save https://mybirdpix.canadian-forum.com/ to your favorites because as soon as the other domain name runs out I won't be paying for another year.

Cool Welcome back
    luvmeyers
    luvmeyers

Hello peeps! - Page 2 Empty New Here!

Post by luvmeyers Wed May 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Hi Carol
    I finally figured out how to register and Bronco is sitting on my shoulder laughing.
    Love your pics.
    Margaret
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 pm

Hey Margaret glad you made it to the best bird board on the web Cool
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Wed May 04, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Margaret! What species is Bronco?
    luvmeyers
    luvmeyers

Post by luvmeyers Thu May 05, 2011 9:38 am

Hi Andrea

Bronco is a male rehomed Meyers, who was around 5 years old when we got him 2 years ago May 16th, after deciding to check out a place because we saw an article in the paper. We'd gone in to look at chicks and he came to both of us so my husband got him for an early anniversary present. Now he hates my husband, so I got him a female White Capped Pionus Xev(Zev) for his B-day last year. We also have 2 senior cats who are chased by the birds so life is never dull around here.

Margaret
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Wed May 25, 2011 10:04 pm

Hi, Margaret!! Welcome to the board. I'm in again, out again, but definitely an irregular regular lol!!! Right now I'm down to two birds -- my 20 year old cockatiel, and my 6 year old cockatoo. We lost our sun conure last month, and still having trouble dealing with it. They sure do become part of the family. Looking forward to getting to know you better!!
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Wed May 25, 2011 11:02 pm

I'm sorry! I missed your reply! I've never met a Meyer's, can't wait for pics (hint nudge). Do Xev and hubby get along well?
    luvmeyers
    luvmeyers

Post by luvmeyers Thu May 26, 2011 10:12 am

Hi Chris and Andrea

Since last Thursday I've been afraid to step out of the house, to garden because of nasty ants in the backyard. One bite now sends me to the ER so I'm glad to have our zoo, for company. We have our 7 old Meyers Bronco and our White Capped Pionus Xev who will be 2 on June 15th plus our senior cats,1/2 sisters Ginger 14 and Sheba 13 who know to stay clear of those things with feathers, that bite!
    We've been "Parronts" for 2 years as of May 16,which is when we adopted Bronco, who was about 5 we got him at Exotic Wings, which is where we meet so many people....like Chris! Chris I didn't really clue in as to who you were until I posted on facebook we'd met people at the Spring Fling we'd met at Exotic Wings from as far away as New York State!
    Sorry about your beloved bird Chris, Jeff and I still have our moments about my dog Caesar we had to put down in 2003, which was the hardest thing I'd ever had to do, until I had to make the choice of pulling the plug with my mother in 2004! You never get over that one even if it was the quality of life issue.
    Andrea aren't you on the parrot club facebook page? I've posted pictures of Bronco and Xev there. Knowing so many people with birds its gets confusing. Xev and my husband Jeff get along great and now she lets "Mom" carry here around since she discovered I give her treats.
    Both birds are clipped and got outside, without cages on the weekend, for the first time, which people on the street at garage sales thought was so cool! They couldn't believe they were alive until the birds made noise....who would be walking around with a dead bird on their shoulder a pirate wannabe! Laughing
    Margaret
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Thu May 26, 2011 11:40 am

I'm an honorary member on the facebook page since I don't actually live in Ontario. Glad to here that Xev and Hubby are buddies. Tell me, are your birds harness trained for outside? I've wanted to train Ducki but I'm unsure if he'd put up with having a harness on.
    luvmeyers
    luvmeyers

Post by luvmeyers Thu May 26, 2011 2:55 pm

Hi Andrea

Chris lives in the United States so I don`t think it really matters where you are to be a club member! Parrots seem to be a novelty to those who aren`t owners and it`s great finding people who don`t think we`re crazy because we`d like to get a Green Cheek as a third bird!

Xev gets along with nearly everyone. She was almost wild when we got her, so it took about a year before she was tame again and she was hand fed. She`s Jeff`s bird but I`m okay when he`s at work. Bronco is another story if I`m not home he has to stay in his cage because he wont let Jeff go near him without blood loss.

Our birds are clipped otherwise Jeff would be in danger of being dive bombed. We don`t take them out when it`s windy and they just love all the new sites etc. Bronco holds on for dear life, on my shoulder and Xev travels on Jeff`s hand. Dogs and children are two things they aren`t sure about and bugs. Xev didn`t know how to react when a bumblebee zipped by her!

I sure wouldn`t have attempted it with Bronco last year because I hadn`t him long enough and now he knows he means business when I ask him to step up, so he just warns me with a nibble. It depends on the bird but it`s flighted I`d give it a shot. Bronco is also potty trained so the shoulder works for him. We are in the process of potty training Xev which makes life a lot easier!
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Thu May 26, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh, NOW I know who you are, Margaret!! Smile We're all over the place like bird dander, aren't we? Very Happy
    luvmeyers
    luvmeyers

Post by luvmeyers Fri May 27, 2011 9:22 am

I have admit I was wondering...It's a small world when it comes to having a parrot. I can't go to a major parrot site without connecting with someone or running into someone at an event.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Fri May 27, 2011 4:05 pm

what's your potty training process? Duck is partially potty trained, in that he'll go on his poo stick if we ask him too, but he won't go there himself if he needs to 'release', so if we wait too long, he'll go anywhyere.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:23 pm