MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

2 posters

Might be looking for a new home for my Conure!

Gail

Might be looking for a new home for my Conure! Empty Might be looking for a new home for my Conure!

Post by Gail Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:10 pm

I have a problem and have exhausted all of the options I can think of to deal with it, so I am thinking I might need to find a new home for my Sun Conure, Tigger.

Tigger is a great girl, she loves her Mom and I love her.  Problem is, she hates men... if she is out she quite often tries to attack ...particularly my Dad and my autistic son.  My son is to the point that he avoids the birds cage completely and if the bird is out he is very nervous as he has been bitten more than once by Tigger.  If she is not out, she violently attacks her toys in the cage and screams whenever they are around.  We got her from the pet store when she still fairly young, so we are her first family.  I really do not know why she has decided that men are bad, as I have no one in my home that would disrespect the birds or poke at them etc.

She is typical Sun, she is cute and cuddly and of course can be quite loud when she decides to be heard.  When out of the cage, she is quite timid and cautious until she feels comfortable.  She loves to sit on me and hang out and when ready she knows where her cage is and heads home when she has had enough.

My husband has pretty much had enough and has said several times that she should live somewhere else.  I have thought several times that maybe 'he' should live somewhere else, however that is much more complicated.Shocked 

I really don't want to give her up, it makes me feel like I failed her somehow.  I just wonder if she needs a different environment, or someone that is home more during the day that can give her more attention.

If anyone has any ideas on something I could try, I am certainly willing.  Or if you know of someone who may be willing to give her a good home, I would be willing to give her up, if she is going to be well cared for and loved.

Gail Sad
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Might be looking for a new home for my Conure! Empty Re: Might be looking for a new home for my Conure!

Post by Carol Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Gail are you keeping her clipped? Clipping will take some of her attitude away?

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:44 pm