MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

+2
Karen
Nickkie
6 posters

I'm back and showing off my new baby

Nickkie
    Nickkie

I'm back and showing off my new baby Empty I'm back and showing off my new baby

Post by Nickkie Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:36 am

Hi guys it's been a long time since I've been on. Carol had to re-register hope that's okay. Now to figure out how to get around again..I'm sure if I get lost someone will find me and point me in the right direction.

Everyone is doing great. I only have Mikey and Gilligan and of course my new baby. Dobby and Winky now live with a wonderful lady I know in an aviary and are enjoying it so much...My vet called today and said he had a present for
    me and told me to get to the office. So off I go driving down the road all excited bit not knowing what he had for me. Well here is a picture
    of my new girl Zoe.

I'm back and showing off my new baby DSCN1227

I'm back and showing off my new baby DSCN1238

She's a bare eyed cockatoo and is 9 yrs old. Her previous owner could not keep her anymore due to a lung condition which the birds dander
    did not help. She needed a good home for her and my vet picked me. She came with everything, her cage, pet taxi and all her toys. My vet has
    taken care of her since she was a baby. She was hand feed, is very sweet and has a fantastic personality. She does talk but so far has not
    talked for me, of course just picked her up today but she is settling in, playing with her toys and eating and she even ventured out of her cage.
    Of course Pebbles doesn't know what do to with her and tries to climb in the cage. lol! Pic follows

I'm back and showing off my new baby DSCN1232

And of course Zoe just puts her little crest up and looks at her like what's your problem..

I'm back and showing off my new baby DSCN1233

All and all she seems happy, can't wait to cuddle with her but wanting to let her get adjusted before we start that..
    Hope you enjoy the pics of my new baby.
    flower
    Karen
    Karen

I'm back and showing off my new baby Empty Re: I'm back and showing off my new baby

Post by Karen Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:10 am

She's lovely!!!! I'm so excited for you, and for her! I'm back and showing off my new baby 646729 I'm back and showing off my new baby 646729 I'm back and showing off my new baby 646729
    Catherine
    Catherine

I'm back and showing off my new baby Empty Re: I'm back and showing off my new baby

Post by Catherine Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:22 am

What a beautiful girl you are Zoe I love you
    Nice to have you here again Nickie.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:20 am

Welcome back, Nickie! Zoe is a gorgeous sweetie! Congratulation on the new addition.
    Nickkie
    Nickkie

Post by Nickkie Thu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks it's nice to be back, glad you like my new baby. I will post some new pics of the other guys soon. I love you
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:08 pm

Hi Nickkie welcome back.
    This is actually a new board, the reason you had to re register is because the old one got hacked and it was faster to create new than it would be to clean it up.
    Wink

What a pretty bird Zoe is and glad to see Pebbles is welcoming her home Giggle
    Nickkie
    Nickkie

Post by Nickkie Thu Mar 10, 2011 7:19 pm

Now I understand why I had to register, okay now I need my babies pics on her and one for my profile. Got some great ones of Mikey.

I'm back and showing off my new baby DSCN0286

Mikey being a ham with my daughter n law, he just loves her I love you

I'm back and showing off my new baby Picture034-1
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:16 am

I do believe that Mikey has a crush on your daughter inlaw Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:34 am

Mikey looks like he's having a blast!

And you did an excellent job catching his feather definition and irridescence in that first shot. What does he think of his new sister?
    Nickkie
    Nickkie

Post by Nickkie Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:00 pm

He's not sure yet about having a new bird in the house. She took a flight into his room and of course I was right behind her, she landed on top of his cage and I grabbed him real quick and put him in his cage. He was laughing the whole time. He thought it was funny. She goes back to the vet Wed to get her wings clipped. Her owner left her free flight, but it is something I've never done, scared to death they will get out the door, and the vet agrees. Don't know how she will feel about this since she has never had them clipped in 9 yrs.

Carol I need my babies at the bottom of my page... Pretty please Wink And yes Mikey loves my daughter n law.

Andrea thank you on the comment on Mikey's pic, that is my favorite it does so his colors so well. I have another one that I
    will post.

Here it is. It's just of his feathers but I love how it came out, It shows the beautiful color he has on his neck, been messing around with the camera.

I'm back and showing off my new baby DSCN0288
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:33 pm

Nickkie I will work on your smilies for you.
    Sorry so swamped it may take a day or 2
    Karen
    Karen

Post by Karen Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:10 am

I have always lived Mikey. He is so full of personality. And so handsome Smile
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:16 pm

ohhh...I wish I could take pictures like you do!
    Nickkie
    Nickkie

Post by Nickkie Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 am

Carol thanks take your time on the smilies, Andrea it's just trial and error when I take pics of him and the others. You can't imagine
    how many I take to get a few good ones. Thank goodness for digital cameras. But I do have to say he is such a ham for the camera he is easy to
    get good pics.

Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:18 pm

Hi, Nickkie!! Welcome to the new "play stand." Giggle Congrats on your new addition! Nice to see that everyone's getting along so well, too. That always helps! Smile

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am