MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

5 posters

Coming home - a Ducki perspective

andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Coming home - a Ducki perspective Empty Coming home - a Ducki perspective

Post by andrea Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:41 pm

Philippe and I have noticed that Ducki is very particular about how things should proceed when we first get home from work.

1) One must scream as loudly and often as possible to ensure that the humans know that you are still in your cage
    2) Once a human releases the door lock, one must shun all human contact to establish that you are not impressed
    3) One must deposit a days worth of poo in an area judged most difficult to clean and/or reach.
    4) One must wave a ding-a-ling ball vigorously until a human comes to play fetch. If the human's fingers come too close, BITE
    5) One must strut back and forth outside the cage, then go back in the cage to eat food that has been there all day but only now became appealing
    6) When the human has comfortably established him/herself on the couch, one must commence bobbing and fluttering until the human is forced to act as a transport to the couch.
    7) One must demand neckrubs and refuse to be more than 5 feet from a human for the remainder of the night.
    Karen
    Karen

Coming home - a Ducki perspective Empty Re: Coming home - a Ducki perspective

Post by Karen Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:56 pm

He has trained you well! Laughing But he is so lucky to have such wonderful people who took note of his demands and understand him so well. Giggle
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:12 pm

Giggle Giggle
    What a lucki Ducki Laughing
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:16 pm

Giggle I am very well trained
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:18 pm

I know that feeling Giggle
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:21 pm

you know what, though? I don't mind a bit! Besides, I got several Duck-in-shirts tonight when he finally decided to grace me with his presence Giggle
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:27 pm

I love you Ducki I love you
    Catherine
    Catherine

Post by Catherine Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:38 pm

You are a very good learner of Conure demands. Very Happy
    Duckie I do believe you have written the Conure Manual...Good Job Ducki banana1
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:43 am

He probably thinks I'm a very slow learner - boy do I have the scars to back that up! But we are going on almost a month now without any big bites (knock on wood).
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:06 am

Actually, to truly be the diva parrot, Ducki needs to learn one more trick. This trick has been perfected by a certain umbrella cockatoo in my home. The trick is, to stay al . . . most out of the human's reach so that to give scritchies the human's arm is extended to a most uncomfortable level. Any attempt on the human's part to move the bird closer and to a more comfortable location must be thwarted at all costs! Very Happy
    Karen
    Karen

Post by Karen Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 am

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Wed Feb 23, 2011 11:48 am

lol
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:11 pm

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:05 pm