MyBirdPix

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

MyBirdPix

MyBirdPix

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyBirdPix

A forum for the bird lovers.

4 posters

Duck-in-library...finally finished!

andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Duck-in-library...finally finished! Empty Duck-in-library...finally finished!

Post by andrea Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:08 pm

We moved Duck out of the TV room and into the library over a month ago, but it was only yesterday that we finally got all the furniture the way I like it.

Duck is now MUCH less cage aggressive (no bites putting him in or taking him out since we moved him...though he has recently started 'randomly' biting again - probably hormones *sigh*). He also gets uninterrupted sleep (no more pissed off *quuuaaaaaaaccckkk*s from the covered cage). Overall, a success!

The old library setup:
    Duck-in-library...finally finished! P1010259
    Duck-in-library...finally finished! P1010257

New library setup:
    Duck-in-library...finally finished! 009
    Duck-in-library...finally finished! 010
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Duck-in-library...finally finished! Empty Re: Duck-in-library...finally finished!

Post by Carol Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:51 pm

Cool yes Thumbs up
    Very nice.
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Duck-in-library...finally finished! Empty Re: Duck-in-library...finally finished!

Post by andrea Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks! The floating shelves were actually Mr Phil's idea. And an excellent idea it was!
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:44 am

the shelves look great and I love the red chair. Great Ducki cuddle place Smile
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:37 pm

I call it my 'circle chair' and it is SO comfy. It was the one piece of furniture Phil wanted to get rid of when we moved in together. Luckily, we ended getting a 4-bedroom instead of a 2-bedroom, so we each ended up with a room to ourselves. Of course, in went my circle chair! It's great for reading, too Wink
    Carol
    Carol
    Admin

Post by Carol Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:20 am

My aunt and uncle had those chairs at their cottage. I loved them.
    You're right they are very comfy and perfect for reading when not cuddling a Ducki
    FaytheReyn
    FaytheReyn

Post by FaytheReyn Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:11 pm

What a Duck-friendly environment! He must be loving it Smile
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:18 pm

He is! Especially when he figured out how to get on the bottom two shelves (which took all of about 24 seconds). That's why his bag of nutriberries is not on the top shelf Giggle

As long as he comes down without being nasty, he's allowed to strut his stuff up there (and as long as he doesn't chew up my books! Obviously a closely supervised excursion Wink )
    Chris
    Chris

Post by Chris Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:55 pm

Very nice arrangement! I love those chairs! I think it's a "Mama-san." I have a blue one on my sun porch, and I never fail to fall asleep in it. Very Happy Tiki used to enjoy cuddling in it with me, so maybe Ducki would to?
    andrea
    andrea
    Admin

Post by andrea Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Ducki likes to burrow under my back while I'm sitting in it...which means I have to sit with my back arched *sigh* But sometimes he just likes to sit and preen...and he has such soft toes when he's just hanging out.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:08 am